Friday, February 24, 2012

Language Stars - Week 7

We've moved onto new topics this week at Language Stars - emotions and family relations. When I saw the curriculum sheet online, I was curious how this would be taught because I don't think my two year old understands all of these emotions in English.

We started with love and hearts.  I'm not sure if E understood, but it was sweet. The craft was coloring and folding this picture - so we practiced saying "I love you" and "I love you a lot" or "I love you so much."

We also reviewed family members - mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, sister and brother.  I'm not sure if she understood this part either-as the family looked a bit different than ours. I'm planning on printing out some pictures of our family along with the words and practicing again.  Thanks to Kai-lan, I think she understands grandma and grandpa already.

We also spent more time this week reviewing some basic statements like:
  1. My name is __
  2. I am __ years old
  3. I live in ___
E did so-so with the echoing of the statements. I think she did catch on to the first 2, but I don't think she understands we live in America or Illinois or even the correct city yet. Something for us to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment