Sunday, February 19, 2012

Language Stars - Week 6

Week 6 was all about animals. Our makeup class at the other center covered the same topic. So, we had a very similar lesson at our regular location.  The teachers did present some of the items differently-which I appreciated.

The kids played a game trying to find the different animals under cups. I don't know if they didn't understand the game or if it was too tricky for them-but it seemed like this wasn't their favorite activity. 

We had snacks and used place mats with pictures of 5 different animals to help learn the vocabulary.  We've retained: duck, cow, cat, horse and pig.

I really like this art print on Etsy.  I like the flashcard style and the simple monochrome and modern design of the duck.

I'm drawn towards ducks.  I read that my great-great-great grandfather and his twin brother raised ducks and sold duck eggs in Thailand (then Siam) before they were "discovered" and traveled the world. But that is a story for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment